Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home.

I am here to confess my love for Tamworth.

I don't care that it is a hole. Or that people wear ugg boots down Peel Street. Or that there are really lame car crews such as 'Runamuck'. Or that there is nothing to do except get drunk at the Impy which, mind you, really stinks. Or that there is heaps of emos. Or that people will stare at you if you wear something nice. Or that it gets invaded by thousands of hicks once a year.

It is home to me, and always will be.

I drove here today to see my family for two nights and as I approached that hill, the one where you get a first climpse of the town, I felt so warm and happy.

Maybe it's just my family that makes it so homely, I don't know. It just feels good to come home and I probably would never have appreciated that unless I had moved away.

And besides, my Mum made amazing blueberry pancakes for dessert :)

No comments: