Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Unrestricted.

Today I passed the test to get my full license! That means no more P Plates. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm a little nostalgic about it because being a P-plater carries connotations, to me anyway, of youth, fun, carefree road trips etc. Most of all it's to do with being young so I guess by ridding of them I'm feeling somewhat older! Being a p-plater also has negative connotations of being a reckless driver, which of course, I am not. So in that sense, I'm happy to get rid of ye old plates so as not to be stereotyped (although at times the stereotype rings true) as a hooligan. It's strange to think that I won't have to sit any more tests until I am about 80 and a little batty. I think what is most exciting is that I can now teach my little sister how to drive! Oh, and I cannot stop without mentioning I got a good photo which, I feel, is very important as it will be my primary sources of identification for the next five years!

1 comment:

Jacinta said...

Awesome!

I wish I had a sister to teach me to driiiiive.

But no. sigh!