Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Japan.












I'm getting ultra excited about my trip to Japan in November. We had a meeting yesterday so here is what I know so far -

Leaving on the 21st of November, catching a bus with the group to the airport in Sydney. As far as I know, we're pretty much on our own.. no lecturer/member of staff from Uni coming, which I find odd but good, I guess. We are seen as 'representatives of our school/the country' which is all very important, hehe. The trip is in conjunction with the Shohoku College in Atsugi which, I think, is not too far from Tokyo, but I may need to clarify that. So, the Shohoku students have been pretty much preparing for us all year which seems quite crazy. We're going to be seen as movie stars, basically. So they organise all these activities for us, which is like the 'study' part of the tour, things like - Japanese language/customs/architecture/history, tea ceremony, cooking classes, kimono wearing (!), traditional Japanese dance/song etc etc! Yay! We also visit temples at Kamakura, meet the mayor of Atsugi, visit the Sony Institute, AND take part in a Homestay which is for three nights with a family from the College or Atsugi city.. which is going to be verrrrrrrry interesting!

This is like all I think about lately! Haha :) Cannot wait!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/altus/2389072989/ <---- image.

No comments: