Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pals.

Recently, I've come to realise the importance of good friendships. I feel that surrounding yourself with people that will encourage you, lift you up, support you, make you laugh, be genuinely interested in your life and most importantly cook you dinner on a weekly basis (hehe), are the most important ones to have around. There is no room for jealousy, negativity or people that question you or what you are doing with your life unless it is severely damaging. Of course, it's important for a friend to be honest, trustworthy and reliable. The kinds of people that I call my best friends come from varying walks of life. They are dispersed around the country and some I don't get to see very often. But I do know that whenever I do see them, we will pick up where we left off. I know nothing will ever change. The ones I see all the time, are the type of people I will never tire of. We don't get bored of each other often, but if we do it's something to laugh about. They know my flaws, and yet they still love me. We aren't all similar, we have different tastes and styles, but I guess we are all ultimately similar people as that's why we were drawn to each other in the first place. My friends make the effort to call me, message me or organise something fun to do regularly, they make the time even when there is none. My family are my best friends, and my best friends are my family.

No comments: