Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I do?

I don't quite know why but I thought I would talk about marriage. So many people I know have been getting married lately or about to. I guess I am reaching that age but I still feel so young! I have no intention of tying the not just yet, but when I do I'll be very excited to organise all the trimmings such as venue, reception, cupcake tower.. DRESS.

Some thoughts.

1. I took this picture in Fiji. We ate dinner here underneath the little hut. They served ice-cream for dessert in a tear-drop shaped ice sculpture.
2. I went picnic-ing with my family once and on the drive home they detoured to show us this little church in the middle of nowhere. Amazing!
3. I went to Tasmania for Ben's cousin's wedding in February. The reception was held here, in an art gallery. The picture doesn't do it much justice but it was incredible. I loved the timber beams and the lighting. The building was so old and magnificent. The paintings hung around the gallery were those of Ben's grandmother (also the bride's grandmother) which made it extra special.
4. I just fell in love. I did a quick google search for 'cupcake tower' and found this. http://www.cupcaketree.com :D Wow! Can you believe it?

I don't mean to scare anyone who thinks I am now suddenly going to go get hitched. I am just dreaming. Weddings are lovely, after all.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my god look at that cupcake tower! Can I be a bridesmaid :)

The Girl Time Forgot said...

One of my friends who never used to date or show much interest in relationships aside from the occasional drunk hookup just told me she's getting married. it's mad. a few girls i knew from school are married, have kids, a couple are engaged... craziness!

i'm a long, long way off marriage but it is still fun to dream about it occasionally, i agree. i think mostly about the dress. heh.

laura said...

I think that Tasmania would be an amazing place to get married. I remember that all the pictures you posted from that reception were really lovely! I really just want to visit there.

Also, that church is really cute :)

Hi hanny! :-] x